I’ve never written a 100 things list and I like reading them on other blogs so I thought I’d add one here.
1. My first name is Tara and my middle name is Zandra.
2. I go by both names which can get confusing. For the most part I introduce myself as Zandra and I use it exclusively online.
3. I was often called Tarzan-dra while growing up.
4. Other nicknames would include TARAntula and TZZ- prounounce tease- as those were my initials until I married.
5. My current initials are TZZA since I opted to keep my unpronounceable maiden name and tack on my also hard-to-prounounce married name. They are not hyphenated though, I just consider myself having two middle names.
6. I met Chris May 14, 1994 while standing in line for concert tickets in which there was a riot that necessitated the cops showing up in full riot gear.
7. We like to tell people we met at a riot just to see what they say.
8. I found out where Chris worked and went there on Sunday, May 22, 1994 to ask him out.
9. My car would not start and I was stranded in the parking lot which compelled me to assure him I was not stalking him.
10. My winning smile (and low cut top which also showed off my pierced belly) won him over and we went out that very night.
11. I was two weeks shy of 20 and had a boyfriend that I wasn’t that into and who really wasn’t into me anymore either. I broke up with him a week after Chris and I first went out.
12. By then we had had 4 dates and I knew I was never going to go out with anyone else again in my life.
13. Thankfully, he felt the same way.
14. We went on a 10-day driving trip of California in June 1995 and while in San Francisco, Chris proposed to me.
15. I gave a very simple “of course” and that was that.
16. I felt so bad about my lack of jumping up and down or crying that I wrote him a lengthy letter once we got home to tell him exactly how I felt and how much I wanted to marry him.
17. We had a one year engagement and were married July 27, 1996 at the Disneyland Hotel by an Orange County judge.
18. I was 22 and Chris was 21.
18. My mother sewed my wedding dress, my bridesmaids’ dresses and the flower girl’s dress. That had been my wish for as long as I could remember.
19. My flower girl was my sister since she was only 9.
20. I was born 12.5 years before her on May 31, 1974 which makes me a gemini.
21. That sign is very apt for me as I feel I have two distinct personalities that are often at odds with eachother.
22. I’ve been going to concerts since I was 6 years old.
23. At that time it was people like Neil Diamond and the Pointer Sisters. But eventually I was going to Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, Ozzy Osbourne, Rolling Stones, Guns N’ Roses and the like.
24. I was very into heavy metal for a period of time.
25. Yet I also loved George Michael and Madonna thanks to that two personalities thing.
26. I have to admit this is harder than I thought it would be. I’m verbose and I’m my favorite subject so this should have been easy.
27. I have only ever had one job and that was at Disneyland.
28. My official title was Attractions Hostess for Westside Attractions.
29. That means I worked at Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Country Bear Playhouse, Tarzan’s Treehouse, Tiki Room and Splash Mountain.
30. I also worked Star Tours and guest control for Fantasmic!, parades, and shows at Fantasyland Theatre.
31. I worked there for 7.5 years and wouldn’t trade that time for anything.
32. I will probably end up back there when I’m an empty nester.
33. I have attended 3 colleges- none of them resulted in a degree for which I am eternally grateful.
34. If I had gotten my degree and was in a career, I most likely would not be on the life path I’m currently on and that is something I cannot imagine.
35. There is absolutely nothing more important to me than my family.
36. My first daughter was born January 30, 1999.
37. I was in labor for 5.5 hours and did not think I was in labor. I just thought it was a horrible backache and actually sent Chris to the store to buy me a heating pad.
38. We named her Tabitha Lindsay after the TV show Bewitched of which I have very fond memories. Lindsay is the last name of Chris’s two best friends. I also saddled her with my maiden name so her initials are TLZA. I’m a little sorry I did that but at the time it was important to me.
39. My second daughter was born February 4, 2005 which makes the girls 6 years and 5 days apart.
40. That time I knew I was in labor and it lasted a total of 2 hours and 40 minutes from first contraction until baby.
41. The nurses told me if I have any more kids to just stay home and do it there.
42. She is named Daisy Georgette after my Great-Grandmother and Chris’s Grandmother.
43. I did not give her my maiden name which I sometimes regret.
44. That’s the contradictory nature of my personalities.
45. I have a thing for numbers.
46. My mother was 22 when she was married and 24 when I was born.
47. Those are the same ages for my marriage and first child.
48. I am 12 years older than my sister who is 12 years older than my first daughter who is 6 years older than my second daughter.
49. I love how those numbers work together.
50. To keep it going, I am exactly 6 months older than Chris.
51. I was born on the last day of May and he was born on the last day of November.
52. Tabitha really should have been born on the last day of January but at least it was the 30 which is the same date as Chris.
53. If you add Daisy’s birth month and day, they equal 6.
54. I could go on, but I shan’t.
55. Yes I will. My birth date (31) is the converse of my mother’s (13) and my birth year (74) is the converse of my father’s (47).
56. Now I’m done.
57. I’m vegetarian and have been since New Year’s Eve 1999. Chris decided to join me.
58. Since I do 100% of the cooking, that was probably a wise decision.
59. I have been cooking since I was 10 years old and consider myself a good cook.
60. I’m not really fond of baking and am really critical of what I bake though everyone else seems to like it.
61. But cooking isn’t baking and I do love to cook. I hope I am able to instill in my children the love of being creative in the kitchen.
62. I absolutely love movies and books that have to do with love conquering a little setback like death.
63. One of my favorite movies is “What Dreams May Come” though I’ve only seen it once.
64. My favorite book is “Forever” by Mildred Cram.
65. Both deal with love after death.
66. I feel Tabitha is in her first life on Earth but Daisy has lived many lives before.
67. You’d think I believed in heaven and hell, but I don’t.
68. I imagine there must be some sort of resting plane while being in between Earthly lives, but I don’t have a name for it.
69. Chris does not share my views of life after death.
70. That really saddens me when I dwell on it.
71. Back to our wedding- I walked down the aisle to “Once Upon a Dream” from Sleeping Beauty. I walked alone because I did not want to be treated as “property” and therefore did not feel my father could “give me away”.
72. He was not happy about that but I’m rather strong willed and used to getting my way so I can’t say I thought much about it.
73. I never said either of my personalities were nice.
74. In fact, I’m fond of saying I’m perfectly aware of all my faults.
75. The fact that I choose not to do anything about them is another fault.
76. I’m demanding and have one hell of a temper.
77. This has prompted my mother to tell me to be nice to my husband and my father to tell me Chris is a saint.
78. I’m told this every single time he calls.
79. When I was a kid he took me to the horse races, Vegas, out to play pinball, and on motorcycle rides.
80. He’s also the one who introduced me to the joy of loud music. We used to go on car rides with the express purpose of listening to very loud music. I feel my good relationship with my father has helped me to always be confident around guys.
81. I got a tattoo when I was 21 as a Valentine’s gift to myself.
82. I had wanted one since I was 6 years old.
83. I’d like another one but haven’t made any effort to get it.
84. I love planning things- anything. But before the actual event of whatever I planned, whether party, meeting or vacation, I get so nervous I practically have a panic attack and want to call the whole thing off.
85. Everything usually goes just fine and I never remember afterwards why I was so nervous so I go on to plan the next thing.
86. For my 16th birthday my mother took me to have my palm read. I was told I would marry the third person I loved.
87. That came true.
88. I wish I remembered anything else I was told, but I don’t and I’ve never had my palm read again.
89. I’m one of those people who has one or two very close friends and that’s it.
90. Chris is my one close friend and I’m perfectly happy that way.
91. Tabitha is the type with 35 best friends and room for more.
92. Daisy would be more like me and I feel very confident she will one day utter the words “I hate people” just like I tend to say.
93. I have eight more left and I’m out of ideas.
94. Facts- 5′ 8″, green eyes, hair went prematurely gray so it’s been dyed reddish brown for the last 15 years, earlobes are attached, I can roll my tongue, my belly button is an innie, I’m addicted to Diet Coke and shopping.
95. I’ve lived in 4 apartments and one house in my life.
96. I feel I have an addictive and co-dependant personality and take many things to extremes.
97. It’s probably a very good thing I don’t drink.
98. I’ve never smoked or done any sort of drug “experimentation” either. I had other issues as a teen, but at least nothing that messed up my brain or health.
99. I consider myself a happy person. Even when I’m angry or down in the dumps, overall I think I have a fabulous life and I know how lucky I am to be who I am and always surrounded by those that I love. My husband and kids are my everything- and I thank goodness everyday that we are all on this journey of life together.
100. The End.