« site stuff | Home | better »

Three days

By Tara Zandra | May 12, 2008

Saturday we went to The Living Desert in Palm Desert. It’s a zoo and botanical garden focusing on desert plants and animals. We tried to go before it got too hot, but alas, it was almost 100 on Saturday. We did get there early though and were able to really enjoy ourselves before the heat took over. One of these years we’ve got to visit in November or February or something- we always seem to go in summer. We hadn’t been in 4 years so this was Daisy’s first visit and there was also new stuff for the rest of us since our last visit.

We left around 3:00pm and headed to Native Foods, a vegan restaurant. We’ve been to two others but this was our first time to the Palm Desert location. Chris, Tabitha and I had such a hard time deciding what to order- we’re just not used to having so many choices on the menu! We went with the kids meal for Daisy which was simply tofu spears and dipping sauce plus sliced veggies to dip and also brown rice. Tabitha chose a veggie burger based on the description saying it had oats- the kid loves oats and couldn’t pass that up. Chris went with a French Dip and said it was fantastic. I tasted the au jus sauce with a piece of my bread and have to say it was wonderful. Then I tasted Daisy’s vegan ranch and it was so good that I asked the waitress what brand it was. Of course they make it themselves but she told me the recipe is in the cookbook. Between the ranch and the au jus, I may have to spring for that book! Oh, and I had jerk style seitan which was yummy as well. All in all we had a great meal.

So Sunday was Mother’s Day and I celebrated by kicking my family out, lol. My mil was having brunch so Chris took the girls and I decided to spend my day doing whatever I wanted. Sure I swept three floors and mopped one (which I later spilled half a bottle of peroxide on and had to clean it again) but other than that, I did fun stuff. First the day started with my family showing the love. Chris ran a quick errand and came home with bagels and cream cheese for me because the night before I had said I would miss the bagels at his mother’s. Daisy, who went with Chris, walked in the house wielding a bouquet of daisies like a baseball bat and saying “Happy Mother’s Day.” Miss Tabitha had made me gift at Girl Scouts last week. So it was a great way to start the day. I got the kids dressed and out to the car and then it was just me :) I really did clean some floors because I like to clean when the house is empty- I feel I get more done. But then I took care of my scrapbook webpage that I shared yesterday. Next I worked on a Disney World trip report but I had some issues with my memory of exatly what we did. I’m working on our second day at Magic Kingdom but we also had a third day and the two days have kind of melded into one in my mind so I’m not sure what to write. I referred to my pictures but they didn’t help as much as I would have liked. I edited photos at least for that day and decided to wait until Chris and Tabitha were home to talk it over with them and see what they remembered. Oh, and I listened to a lot of loud music without being interrupted.

My mom came over around one and we chatted for awhile and then headed out to the mall. We checked at California Pizza Kitchen and were told it would be a 40-minute wait and were handed a beeper. We went to pick up my photos I ordered and then went to Gymboree so I could use my 30% off coupon. They have a new line entitled Lady Daisy so I needed to get an outfit for Wee Miss. I had a hard time because I don’t like straps on tops as I’m always afraid of sunburned shoulders. I finally put something together and found accessories and then perused the lines on sale and found a good combo for Tabitha.

By this time it had been 20 minutes and we were looking at shoes at Macy’s when our beeper went off. So my mom and I headed to restaurant and proceeded to have a lovely lunch together. It was a good way to spend Mother’s Day afternoon.

My mom dropped me off at home and I decided to dive into my new pictures and get a layout done- so I completed Easter of this year. Chris and the kids came home around 6:30, the girls played together for an hour, I put Daisy to bed, Chris and I had chips and salsa for dinner, we put Tabitha to bed, and we settled into 3 hours of Survivor.

And now today- I officially have Daisy’s cold, Tabitha woke up, said she was sick and said that meant she probably couldn’t go to dance or gymnastics this week and proceeded to whine at me all the reasons she couldn’t miss either class as if I had anything to do with it. So today started pretty rotten- I wasn’t even fully awake, I had slept only 4 hours last night and my child was acting as if her problems were my fault. I sent her away and things have been peaceful while she’s been reading on the couch. It’s raining, I don’t feel like doing anything, but it’s Monday so I have to do laundry but I’m not going to go to the store and I’m not going to change out of my pajamas. What this means for dinner, I don’t know.

At least I had a good weekend :)

Topics: Life |

One Response to “Three days”

  1. Susan Says:
    May 13th, 2008 at 5:46 am

    Happy Mother’s Day!