« Bypassing Hallmark | Home | typing quietly »

panic (not at the disco)

By Tara Zandra | July 17, 2013

In the wee hours of Tuesday morning I awoke with a lovely panic attack. Unlike this past spring, I at least know what caused it. But the main problem was I couldn’t go back to sleep so I had a mere 3.5 hours of sleep which is not nearly enough for me to be some semblance of a human being. We had a Brownie meeting scheduled for that day but I knew there was no way I was going to be able to get through it so I had to postpone it. Little did I know it would be next to impossible to fit all our schedules together for the make-up meeting next week. I finally decided I’d be the one to rearrange my plans since I’m the one who postponed the meeting in the first place.

Despite my going through the motions status, I still managed to get lessons done with Daisy and crack the whip on Tabitha and her project. It will be a glorious day when the darn thing is finished!

Today was better in so many ways. Even Daisy’s coughing last night seemed better. Hopefully we’re finally at the tail end of it.

When I took Daisy to the doctor last week, I first looked in my wallet for the insurance cards. The ones I found were from 2 years ago so I started searching for a current one. I could picture it in my mind so at least I knew what I was looking for. But I could not find it to save my life. I let Chris know so he could email me a temp card that I could print out. Not a problem, except it was at that moment the printer decided to act up. Now it’s been doing this for the last 6 months where it basically goes offline from our Wi-Fi and we have to reset it. Chris showed me how to reset it so that’s what I did.


I tried again.


Now I’m trying to figure out what exactly I’m going to do. It’s decided that Chris would print them at work and I’d simply have to drive to him on my way to the office. Except, he isn’t on the way to the office and when I got off the phone from making the appt. I had exactly 62-minutes to get myself there.

In rush hour traffic.

I avoided the freeway completely and took the side route to Chris, had called him on my way and told him to print up directions of how I could get from him to the doctor’s via side streets, pulled up the curb, had him throw the temp cards and the map at me, had Daisy be my navigator and then raced to the office. I pulled into the parking lot about 5-minutes late but they apparently aren’t sticklers, thank goodness.

Three days later, I found temporary insurance cards in my secondary make-up bag where I had put them for safe-keeping.

Tonight, I went to get a pen and found the actual insurance card in the very drawer that I looked in three times last week.

Life is funny.

Topics: Life |

Comments are closed.